Monday, August 11, 2008

Gas Station Mini Malls

So I was driving up 75 north around 12.30 and was super hungry...if you have ever been through there you know that there isn't much *at all* .

I finally see an exit sign full of food signs, including Popeye's, which sounded delicious!
There was also a Burger King, Taco Bell, McDonald's and Subway. I thought any one of these would be perfect for a drive-through lunch...

...when I came down the exit ramp, all I saw were 2 behemoth gas stations...

One housed the Burger King, Taco Bell, and Popeye's. I've seen gas stations before that served food, and we even stopped at one in Waco last week that had a Quizno's....but 3 in one?! Seriously?!

Best part...across the street was my other option: a Shell station housing both McDonalds and Subway!!

And apparently I am behind the curve...it's definitely the thing along the I-75 corridor!!!

By the way..North Atlanta Travel Center (gas station housing fast food restaurants) also sold NasCar memoribilia, Wrangler Blue Jeans, and Harley Davidson t-shirts. My favorite one said "No Home but the Road."

When I visited the facitlities in the gas station, I came out and almost ran smack dab into the "Gaming Center" a dark smoky room with slot machines. It was full. It was 11.45 am.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home