Tuesday, March 24, 2009

NPR is cool?!


So, I am buzzing around Dayton, Ohio today trying to find a radio station...and all I can find is Slipknot, country, or those annoying "we play everything" stations. Then I happen upon this lovely, haunting female voice that I recognize as somewhat familiar...the song is definitely different from what I am usually drawn to but I really like it...The song fades and a guy's voice announces that it is "Same Mistakes" by Sara Watkins...she is the singer for Nicklecreek...a band I have adored forever, even though bluegrass isn't really my thing. Her new album drops April 7-check it out http://www.myspace.com/sarawatkinssolo


Back to NPR...the show is called "World Cafe"...in addition to Sara Watkins I heard M.Ward, a sick Feist compilation I'd never heard before...best part?! The playlists are available online...I am subscribing to the podcast. You should too. If you like goooood music.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home