Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Trench Coat Mafia

I have been languishing in vain for weeks, months, etc. about buying a Spring-y trench coat.

I bought one out of sheer desperation at a Wal-Mart in Dayton, Ohio for $25...then promptly left it on the Park-N-Fly bus that evening went I hit balmy, sunny Atl.

It is a character flaw, I admit, but I am never, never prepared for the climate of my weekly travel destination. And I mean never. 

So, when the hail storm-followed-by-torrential-rain hit Detroit this afternoon, my thought process went a little like this: "Must.Buy.Trench.Coat.Now."

My dry clean only, depth of winter number won't work for soggy spring days. And I refuse to wear an Anorak.

Several attempts to find something suitable at discount chains led me, in desperation, to the bain of my checkbook: Martin + Osa.

Of Course the cheerful sales girl asked me what I was looking for.
Of Course "I was in luck" as she put it.
Of Course it was absolutely perfect and better than I ever expected to find. And would match both brown and black, she pointed out.
Of Course the price tag made me see blotches of light for a second. "But it's on sale! 30% off" she said.
Of Course I walked out with it. And changed into it to walk into the restaurant for dinner.


Women's Jaquard Trench, $119 *on sale* Martin + Osa
martinandosa.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home